Monday, November 21, 2011

I want to lose weight


Chubby Chris
In my younger days I never dreamed I could get this heavy. Guess that's what happens when you over-eat a lot and stop exercising! I'm almost 49 years old and don't want to lug around all these unneeded pounds in my 50's. Though I'm reluctant to change because eating and laying around on the couch are pleasurable, it's time to lighten the load.

My goal is to weigh 30 pounds less on my 50th birthday than I do now. I think that would be a comfortable weight that I could carry without putting undue stress on my aging body. Of course, I will enjoy looking more youthful and fitting easily into stylish clothes too.

Family and friends have lost weight successfully and healthfully with programs like Weight Watchers, TOPS, and Jenny Craig. If I need to I'll explore those options. But I want to do it using available resources, i.e. food from our restaurant and grocery stores, the free gym at my husband's workplace, and so on. So I'll try that first and see how it goes.

My doctor explained that every pound is 3,000 calories, so to lose a pound I have to reduce calorie intake a lot, and exercise much more. She also said when I eat less fat I'll feel hungry again sooner. So I need to eat more often, while resisting the temptation to fill up with heavy foods. To burn calories fast, she recommends running.

Starting today, I am officially on a self-regulated weight loss program. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment